Tuesday, December 9, 2014

TIES Conference 2014! - Make It Happen!


I just returned from this year's TIES (Technology and Information Education Services) Conference, and I am filled to the brim with enthusiasm and new ideas for our Oak Hills students and teachers!  I can't wait to share what I have learned! I attended sessions on makerspaces, gamification and creativity.  I was inspired by many innovative educators, many of whom I follow on Twitter, read their books, and follow their blogs!  It was great hearing them in person!  Yong Zhao, Jane McGonigal, Leslie Fisher, Shannon Miller along with local Minnesota rockstars Mark Garrison, Molly Schroeder, and Lakeville's own Kathryne Nguyen, just to name a few.  I also had a chance to meet a few Twitter colleagues that I have never met! All in all, a wonderful educational opportunity for this educator!!