Monday, January 9, 2017

Excited For The January 16th Lakeville Elementary Unconference!

When my principal, Mr. Labatte, asked for volunteers to join a group planning our upcoming elementary unconference on January 16th, I jumped at the chance! I really love the unconference design, or should I say undesign! I wanted to help so that all of our elementary staff could have a day of learning where they were in the proverbial drivers seat!  I find that giving students and staff choice over their learning is the best way to maximize engagement and growth for everyone involved. It is also great to learn with friends!

Our committee gathered some colleagues who were willing to be videotaped and created a little promotional video to build enthusiasm and get everyone thinking about what they want to learn! Thanks to everyone who helped in front or behind the camera!